So I have been thinking about new business ideas,
I want to be a loan shark. (to really really poor people because I don't have a lot to loan...lol)
The local Super Kmart went out of business so I have been thinking about opening a small mom and pop movie theater. one viewing area at a time. Then at the end of the same building I could open my own book store, nothing big just something cozy and inviting. Something that parents could sit and spend money while waiting to pick up their kids from the movie theater. I would charge decent entrance fee's and the food wouldn't require a small loan to purchase. Each night/day we would feature a movie from a certain genre. Last but not least, I would like to start my own nursery/herb shoppe because I love plants and herbs. Any ideas or slaps of reality greatly appreciated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds great! I could not believe how much money I spent when I took my two boys to the movies about 4 years ago! I think it was like $50 or more. We even went to the "candy shop" to smuggle treats in and they were just as expensive, purchased by the pound, as the ones at the theatre. We had a great time, but I rather just stay at home and be cozy when watching a movie. But, I do like where you are headed with the kids can watch movies, while parnets chill in the same building. Will there be alcohol? For the parents that is and of course a limit, because they have to drive home. Or I could just take my teenage son and he could be my designated driver. LOL!!
ReplyDeletehm, you make an interesting point. I totally see our movie theater as a "cinema draft/cafe place" since my husband hates the typical movie theater setup. I do too but only because I am short and nothing kills a movie experience faster than someone's head in your way. It would interesting to see if offering liquor in the bookstore would be a good idea. I have worked in a bookstore, I am not sure that many drinkers would frequent the bookstore.
ReplyDelete