I am so glad the weekend is here! One of our secretary's quit on Monday. She only lasted 2 weeks. A lesson to be learned here. She probably did really well at the interview because she was a professional interviewee. She wasn't my first choice to hire, but I ultimately had the final say so I chose the one that EVERYONE liked. Next time I will choose my inner instinct.
So in addition to doing my job, and her job, I also filled in for our third secretary who was recovering from having two wisdom teeth extracted and doing interviews for a replacement secretary. On top of all that.... my oldest son (15) was sick sick sick! He is old enough to stay in bed by himself, but it didn't make me worry any less. My daughter (19) came home in between her college classes to check in on him sending me texts on his status. So I came home ready to veg, caving in my family to start playing World of Warcraft. Homework first. Veg later. LOL. I hope no one outside of our class reads this because they are prob. snickering saying "Ha! Your vegging right now!"
I will have to write another blog to fill you all in on the experiences of working with a professional interviewer/slacker. In hindsight it was pretty funny although I really wanted to plant my foot in her rear end. Till then, ciao.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, it sounded like you had your hands full this week, yet you handled it! Just think of what you accomplished! Ya, right, slacker newbee secretary! I understand slackers, being a waitress, and older than most, makes it really hard to tolerate the people I work with, sometimes!!! Great job and KUDOS to you, Tina!
ReplyDeleteWow, sounds like you have had a very hectic week but seems like you handles everything pretty good. I am sorry to hear about your son being sick, hope he starts feeling better soon. Also, hopefully you will be able to get a new secretary soon, so that you want have so much stress and work on yourself.
ReplyDeleteI did have a crazy week, and a mini meltdown when I came home Thursday night... but I survived. I can't say I did a bang up stellar job but the important stuff got done. Thanks for the posts all!
ReplyDelete